This guides helps you to manage quality early childhood education in your school/centres. The guide is based on the recommendations from National Association of Elementary School Principals in United States. Learning from their experiences and suggestions, you can guide your own practices for effective early childhood education in your school.
The guide provides principles for high-quality early childhood programs. It provides six standards for school principals to adopt for quality early childhood programs. These include:
- Standard 1: Embrace Early Childhood Learning
- Standard 2: Engage Families and Communities
- Standard 3: Promote Appropriate Learning Environments for Young Children
- Standard 4: Ensure High-Quality Teaching
- Standard 5: Use Multiple Assessments to Strengthen Learning
- Standard 6: Advocate for High-Quality, Universal Early Childhood Education