CHECKLIST YOU MUST CONSIDER BEFORE TAKING ADMISSION IN A INSTITUTE/COLLEGE
After completing your school curriculum, you need to take admission in a institute or a college for your higher studies / graduation. Also this happens to be the first event in your life which carries a very very crucial role in the way your life takes direction. Many of us are fortunate enough to be very clear in what course or institute we wish to join but many are just in a dilemma to join a particular course or a institute.
When the circumstances are on your side, I mean when you meet all the requirements for joining any institute or a college by choice without any hassles, still it is wise to consider a very few basic points about the college or the institute you are going to join.
1. Is the Institute Govt. recognized or Privately run ?
2. Does it offer the right course you want to join ?
3. How old is the institute ?
4. How is the teaching faculty ?
5. The degree or the certificate you get after completing the course is affiliated to some university or at par with some degree. Like B.Tech is different from B.E. Or is it equivalent to some degree.
6. Does it offer boarding facility if you need ?
7. How well are the basic facilities like Labs, Auditorium, Library etc
8. What does the grapevine say about the institute ?
9. Any past incident in which the institute was defamed or was famous for some achievement.
10. Any feedback available from your seniors in the same institute of alumni ?
It is always better if you spend some time collecting information on the above points about the institute you are going to join. After you join any institute and find something against your expectations, you have none else but yourself to blame! So isn’t it wise to spend some time beforehand to get clarified on the above points?