In a meeting with Chairperson CBSE Mrs. Anita Karwal, IAS who has been Education Secretary with Gujrat Government, Joint Secretary at MHRD & various other Educational Portfolio future of education many quality initiatives were discussed.
Here are some of the quality reforms planned by the dynamic Chairperson:
- Learning from rote to be taken to research based learning (she has a good knowledge about IB board).
- Sports must be an integral part of formal education. She believes learning can be started any point of time at any age.
- Affiliation norms to be relaxed. Focus on quality in place of following norms.
- CBSE sports to get Affiliation with National Sports Bodies (CBSE students to get change to directly get jobs after winning Nationals).
- Teacher empowerment portal for sharing best practices, professional development etc.
- Teachers Training to be mandatory to be included in Affiliation Bye-Laws.
- Special sports curriculum from 9th to 12th classes.
- Curriculum to be made simpler but room for research is mandatory.
- Flexibility of Franchising, Transfer of Society / Trust etc the norms which are permitted by law must also be allowed at CBSE.
Overall Chairperson has a vision to take take CBSE to International level & visions for quality systems.
She has a thorough knowledge of education system & believes in doing.
Chairperson is very open to taking feedback from all possible sources to bring best reforms at CBSE.
It was an enlightening conversation & a feel of more systematic & quality reforms at all CBSE schools.
Editor in chief
School of Educators