Always keep one thing in mind – “Good Leaders are Good Readers”. To become a successful student, you must have good study routine. Successful kids apply many good habits to all their classes. Read about some excellent study routine and try to develop the study pattern that you do not comprise.
Superior study practice for booming kids:
- Try not to read too much at a time: If you attempt to study to a larger extent at a time, you will get exhausted and your schoolwork will not be very effective. Distribute your work to be done in short periods. Taking short breaks will bring back your mind power.
- Map specific time period for studying: Study time is any time that you do something related to schoolwork such as completing some assignments, or preparing for an exam etc. Being punctual in life is very important. Schedule specific times throughout the day for your learning time.
- Study at the same times each day: If you can try to study at the specific time daily, set up a routine that becomes a regular habit of your life, such as eating or sleeping. When the scheduled time arrives on the day, you will be mentally prepared to begin studying.
- Set objectives for your study hours: Goals help you stay focused and observe your improvement. Only sitting down for study has slightly less value. You must be clear about what you want to achieve during your study times.
- Begin to study at the scheduled time: Can you delay your beginning time for study because you do not like an assignment or think it is very complicated. Any holdup in studying is called “leaving it for later.” If you leave things for later for whatever reason, you will find it more difficult to get things done when you need to do them. You may have to hurry to make up for the time lost at the beginning, which can result in careless work and errors.
- Work first on assignment which is most difficult: Your most difficult assignment will require the most effort. Start with the most difficult assignment since at start you have the most mental energy.
- Review your notes before every assignment: The re-analysis of your notes can help you make sure you are performing properly on the assignment. Also, your notes may include information that can help you complete the assignment in effective way.
- Keep concentrated during your hours of study: Two problems may occur if someone calls you during your study times. First, interruption to your work. And not so easy to pick up the thread of what you were doing previously. Second, the other person can talk about things that can distract you from what you need to do. Simple ideas – turn off your cell phone, switch off your TV and shut the doors during your study times.
- Don’t hesitate for friends help with a difficult assignment: This is a case where “two heads are better than one.” You can solve out problems effectively if you work in collaboration with your friends.
- Review your work over the weekend: Of course, weekend should be a time for entertainment. But there must be some time to review your previous work. This will help you be ready to start on Monday morning when another school week begins.
These are some of the study habits that can help you in improving your learning skills and knowledge. Make sure they are your learning practice.