There are many possible ways to market your school successfully. One of the best ways of encouraging others to respect your school is by creating a solid brand. A brand is a name, or symbol that is commonly known to identify a institution , company or its products and separate them from the competition. The overall brand name of a school can also draw out to a logo, symbol or even a design features that identify the school or its services . It uses a color scheme that speaks or represents your school.
Actually, colors can represent more than you think. Remember that in your marketing materials you can turn on or turn off people’s perception of your product. Even companies with larger budget allocations spend billions on color market research. They usually get into product or packaging development. Colors influence how people will respond and behave. Taking for instance, if you are creating a website, a black background generally represents something not so appealing, therefore you need to be careful in your choice of color as it can represent something else.
In some parts of the world like America, green is associated with jealousy or money. Moreoverver, here are some other color references and what it stands for:
- Blue represents reliability, belongingness, coolness and trust.
- Yellow is for warmth, sunshine, cheer and happiness.
- Red stands for excitement, passion, speed, danger and strength.
- Green represents nature, fresh, abundance, coolness and growth.
- Orange is for warmth, playfulness and vibrancy.
- Purple signifies dignity, royalty and spirituality.
- Black is for elegant, sophistication, mystery and seductiveness.
- Gold stands for expensiveness, elite and prestige.
- Pink signifies sweetness, softness, nurturance and security.
- White indicates purity, youthfulness, mildness and purity.
The point here is to match your market with your market colors. There is a huge significance to identify your target market and customers. If your target is young children, bright primary colors are suggested since these colors will highly attract their attention. You may use the primary colors and for the marketing materials like red, blue, and yellow that stands for reliability, trust, playfulness and security. Similarly, you need to choose among the wide variety of colors available and decide something that truly represents your services offered.