by Joe A. Martin, Jr., Ed.D.
A teacher recently wrote me requesting advice on how to keep herself motivated. Here are some quick suggestions on self-motivation:
1. Hang around other self motivated teachers…it’s contagious.
2. Make a “FIRE STARTER” list about what motivates you (internally).
3. Keep your FIRE STARTER list someplace where you can see it and
read it every day.
4. Learn ways on how to become even better as a teacher (hint: keep visiting NewTeacherSuccess.com).
5. Teach others how to do what YOU love.
6. Help other teachers improve themselves. We get stronger when we strengthen others.
7. Ask God to strengthen your faith and fuel your passion. If you ask, you shall receive.